Monday, October 01, 2007

Deleted Scene: Boogie Nights, A Terrible Thing to Waste...

A lengthy scene where Floyd Gondolli talks with Dirk on the beach.
      

               EXT.  MALIBU BEACH - MORNING

               CAMERA holds on Dirk, who's curled into a fetal position, 
               sleeping in the sand.  He's very thin and very sick looking 
               now.  His hair is long and in his face.

                                     VOICE (OC)
                         ...Dirk....

               Dirk comes to, looks up into the eyes of FLOYD GONDOLLI.  He 
               wears a jogging suit and sunglasses.

                                     FLOYD
                         Floyd Gondolli.

                                     DIRK
                         Yeah...hey...

                                     FLOYD
                         Watcha doin' out here?

                                     DIRK
                         ....just...um...sleeping...?

                                     FLOYD
                         Mind if I pull up a chair?

                                     DIRK
                         No...I don't mind.

               Floyd sits in the sand next to Dirk.

                                     FLOYD
                         I haven't seen you around in a while, 
                         I haven't seen you working.

                                     DIRK
                         I've been doing some other 
                         projects...did I sleep here?

                                     FLOYD
                         I dunno...did you?

                                     DIRK
                         How did I get here?

                                     FLOYD
                         I don't know.  You been partying it 
                         up?

                                     DIRK
                         Um...no....yeah...there was a party.  
                         Last night.  That house over there. 
                         ...I guess...I remember I was with 
                         someone?                 

                                     FLOYD
                         I dunno.  I live right down the beach 
                         here, you wanna come in, get cleaned 
                         up...some breakfast, something?

                                     DIRK
                         Um...no...it's alright....

               Dirk pats his pockets.

                                     DIRK (CONT'D)
                         I've still got the keys to my 
                         Corvette.

                                     FLOYD
                         Are you and Jack still split?

                                     DIRK
                         Jack...Jack...Jack who?  I don't 
                         know anyone named Jack.

                                     FLOYD
                         Jack Horner.

                                     DIRK
                         I never met him in my life.  That's 
                         over.

                                     FLOYD
                         I heard you had some trouble.

                                     DIRK
                         Creative things.

                                     FLOYD
                         Right.

                                     DIRK
                         Do you have a cigarette?

                                     FLOYD
                         Sure.

               Floyd and Dirk smoke a cig together.

                                     FLOYD (CONT'D)
                         I heard you were doing a movie.

                                     DIRK
                         Didn't work out, really -- Creative 
                         things and ideas.

                                     FLOYD
                         Did they go with someone else?

                                     DIRK
                         Yeah....               

                                     FLOYD
                         Who?

                                     DIRK
                         Stoney Jackson.  Fuckin' loser.

                                     FLOYD
                         If you don't mind my saying, Dirk: A 
                         cock like yours is a terrible thing 
                         to waste.  The industry could use a 
                         little Dirk Diggler injection.  Maybe 
                         you'd be up for coming back --

                                     DIRK
                         I dunno.

                                     FLOYD
                         The video market on your films is a 
                         continuous seller.

                                     DIRK
                         Yeah, well...I'm not seeing that 
                         cash.

                                     FLOYD
                         Jack holds the rights?

                                     DIRK
                         ...uh-huh...

                                     FLOYD
                         Do you have an agent?

                                     DIRK
                         I don't need an agent.

                                     FLOYD
                         What happened with that record you 
                         were doing?  I heard it, I thought 
                         it was great.

                                     DIRK
                         ...yeah...well...I dunno.

                                     FLOYD
                         If you ever think about coming back 
                         to work, I got a whole situation set 
                         up, maybe you'd be up for it --                  

                                     DIRK
                         I don't know, I'm tryin' to look 
                         forward.

                                     FLOYD
                         Right.

                                     DIRK
                         Have you got anything to eat?

                                     FLOYD
                         Yeah.

                                     DIRK
                         If you got some food, I'll come over.

                                     FLOYD
                         Come on, I'm just down the beach 
                         here at this house...

               They stand and walk off.

No comments:

Post a Comment